domingo, 30 de agosto de 2009

Lesson Six: Seis mas Sexo



Today on Bueno, entonces... we find out that on weekends, Jimena calls David to repasar what they learned this week. Jimena seemed a bit PMS-y at first, but we soon find that it was just the vino from the night before; well, that and the fact that David seems to cross the line of student/teacher appropriate behavior much more often on the weekend.

We first venture into reflexive verbs, as David needs to express that he has to shave, because he is going to cena with the girl in the Lycra suit from the gym. Oh David, you're all class. All class.

This whole lesson made me remember just how much I hate reflexive verbs. While we have our little professor man explain it to us quite well, it just...pisses me off. There are so many times where I say phrases and completely turn into a blundering idiot, saying "Te vas a bañar...te? se? Er...vas a ir a lavar...se? Sh*t!" I can't say anything that has to do with hygiene: brushing your teeth, shaving, taking a shower. You could be the dirtiest person in the world and hang out with me, because I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't know what the hell to say. My roommate always laughs because he doesn't get why anyone would have trouble with these verbs--you just need to use them when something affects you or falls on you or involves you.

Yeah, 'cause that makes TOTAL sense...not. I'd take subjuntivo over this crap any day.

Okay, the lesson goes on (thank God!) and we learn about numbers (regular and ordinals--hence the title) and then family members. We also find out that David's mom is a gynecologist, or a ginécologo. Now, go to this site, Forvo, to check out the pronunciation. Try saying that one 10 times fast!

Oh yeah, David's mom has been staying with him for quite some time now, and I forgot to mention it earlier. He generally complains that she criticizes him about the way he lives, dresses, etc. Typical mom stuff, but David is pretty funny about it. Apparently, she shops during the day and dances tango and looks for her own personal Antonio Banderas by night. Based on her habits, I think she and I would get along fabulously. David's mom has got it goin' on.

Annnnd on that note, I am out! Nos vemos mañana!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario